Thursday 26 January 2012

All In The Family

Hi There,

I am continuing with my 'Just One Sketch ' layouts and the second challenge is to rotate my sketch . With this in mind I found a portrait photograph that will go in my family tree album.

My brother has been tracing our family tree and I am doing a scrapbook using all the old photos. The photo on this layout is of my great-grandparents with my grandmother and her brother. Whilst I was checking out the information and names I suddenly realised that my nan's mun had died when she was 11 and her dad passed away two years later leaving her an orphan at 13.

Although she lived until the grand old age of 94 she never spoke of this to me and I am now so curious as to how she managed. A conversation to have with my father when I see him next...


I used K&Co's Maison Scrap Pad by Brenda Walton. This scrap pad has served me well and is so suited to using with old photos. I have made an 80th scrapbook with it and some cards and still have papers and embellishments left !

I am working now on my mirror image pages and looking at the task after that, see that it a monochrome layout...drat even though this picture may not show it this is a brown monochrome page !!!

Hey ho.

Happy Crafting

9 comments:

  1. What an interesting project to be working on with your brother. The papers and colours are just perfect for that photo Laurie and the sketch works so well once it has been rotated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely heritage layout. I love to scrap my family tree photos. I think it's so important

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project to be working on, I am still working on my rotated page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. popped across from Just one Sketch - your layouts are great and I love the old photo. I scrapped a very similar one last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My old K&Co. pages suit old pictures too I agree. I have just used a paper form 2003 with a 2011 picture and tried to add thickers to modernise it, not sure I like it! I love this page of your sthough x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Lovely page, Laurie. I'm doing my family history too, how sad that we sometimes learn of things too late when we had time to ask about them.

      Delete