Tuesday 15 May 2012

Purple Birthday



Have been busy crafting lately but can't show you too much because they are cards for people whose birthdays are coming up soon, (you know who you are !! lol).

But I thought I would share this one with you.

This was inspired by Erika over at Snappycrafts. It looks so elegant and simple that I thought I would try a spin on it.


I used distress inks Milled Lavender, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord and stamped on it with a Penny Black stamp called 'flying stars '. I edged and embellished with Glitz stickles in Tiara. The sentiment is from Polka Doodles.

I have recently dug out my trusty Cricut machine as although I love all the dies that are out I can never decide which set to buy. After some investigating I discovered the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge which gives me loads of shapes to cut out in different sizes. The one I used for this card was Stamp.

I did of course ink a little around the edges and finished off with some card candy.

I like how it turned out and will try some more with different images and colours.

Off now for a cuppa

x

4 comments:

  1. That pink background is gorgeous Laurie, glad that your experiments with the Cricut are working out. That frame is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice card ..love the stamp..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lairie, I really like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie, I loved your purple card very nice, you see I do look every now and again, Mum XX

    ReplyDelete